A downloadable game for Windows
Kantor is an artistic VR experience. Fly through 9 worlds inspired by abstract art. Explore the interaction between the visuals and the ever-changing music. Linger in a world to discover the audio-visual details, or find a portal to access the next art island.
Please note, this experience is only available for Oculus Rift and Rift S.
About this VR experience
Kantor is a short artistic VR experience. Fly through 9 abstract worlds inspired by the work of painter Wassily Kandinsky. Explore the interaction between the visuals and the ever-changing music. Linger in a world to enjoy the audio-visual details, or find a portal to access the next art island.
Kantor is designed to elicit a profound emotional reaction through the use of colour, sound, motion, patterns and music. Take a break from the real world, relax, and abandon yourself in the virtual environment, floating through geometrical patterns and soundscapes.
Please be aware that if you’re in search of an experience with strong game mechanics, Kantor probably isn’t for you.
- 9 procedurally-generated art islands inspired by the paintings of Wassily Kandinsky.
- Music that evolves with the player’s position and merges with the environment. Soundtrack co-created by a human composer with an AI.
- Dynamic 2d paintings which function as portals to discover new worlds.
- Intuitive VR flying mechanics to navigate freely through space.
- The entangled relationship between art and music fosters a deep emotional experience.
- Loop through different implementations of the 9 abstract worlds.
Kantor is developed by the AI-music startup Melodrive. At Melodrive, we strive to push the boundaries of music and creativity with AI. With Kantor, we intended to explore human-machine co-creation of music and visuals in a VR setting. If you’d like to know more about how we built Kantor, you can take a look at the article “Making Kantor: Human-machine Collaboration to Build Artistic VR”.
Get the KanTor's soundtrack from bandcamp for free!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.